Thinking ahead, I've been making cards whenever I have some time and am not sure what I want to do.
I've also been able to incorporate some pieces from older projects, giving them new life and purpose. Always a good thing.
On this one I used a lot of stencils and stamps and the luscious Dylusions sprays. The stencil on the right was used to make some texture; Golden's fiber paste was applied over the stencil with an old credit card.
On this one, distress inks and stains, Dylusions stamps, more stencils, and a little machine stitching. And here's a great discovery I made (I'm not claiming to be the first to do this, just that it was new to me when I did it). Ranger has a new product, embossing ink in a bottle with a dabber top. If you look at some of the chicken wire stencil on the left, you'll see it is embossed. I dabbed the ink right over the stencil, lifted it off, them sprinkled the embossing powder over top. Easy as can be and much faster than using an embossing pen.
The ATC sized piece was one I did multiples of some time ago, using Wendy Vecchi stamps. I added the flowers and butterflies and mounted it on a 4x4 piece of colored cardstock.
On this one I added a Prima bird and small flower. There is also a little embossing on the left side.
I think these cards show you don't have to work on a large scale to create something eye catching.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone