Had to do some tags with a wedding theme, and decided to use the Graphic 45 Romantique papers I've been
hoarding saving. Except for the bride image in the scallop circles, they're all the same, and here's a closer look at one:
I ran some Core'dinations paper (dark brown with a coral core) through my Big Kick, using a new SU! embossing folder called Vintage Wallpaper. Very pretty. Sanded the raised areas. The bow on top is one of those bright brassy cheapo charms, and I toned them down with some shell pink and espresso alcohol inks, The little bride and groom image inside the oval charm blank is from the Graphic 45 pad, and I covered it with glossy accents.
I punched the bride image using the SU! scallop circle punch, and layered it with foam dots on top of two more scallops, these punched with the new SU 2 3/8" scallop circle punch.
The sentiment is from Wendy Vecchi's Homemade Art set, and I stamped it on the coral side of some Core'dinations scraps.
One of the swaps I recently joined is a 5x7" canvas swap at ATT. I have to make 6, and Sharona, the host, will assemble collages for all participants, similar to the chaos swap.....except that all the canvases are the same size and done in landscape orientation. I started working on this a while ago, and finished this past weekend.
I love these collaborative projects, and tried to include many techniques and products in my creations.
The background is a collage of dictionary pages, lightly inked. The large label was cut from grungepaper, using Tim's Styled Labels die. There are two designs on the die, and I used them both. I inked the labels with vintage photo distress ink, covered them with vintage photo embossing powder, and heat set. Then, to add a little patina, I dabbed the pieces randomly with the distress embossing ink pad, drizzled some Ranger verdigris embossing powder from the Antiquities line over top, tapped off the excess, and re-heated the piece.
I topped it with a keyhole (with a tiny picture under the hole). The label isn't really attached to the canvas with those tiny staples (I used sticky tape); they're just there for effect.
Over to the right....grungepaper border cut with Tim's Brackets on the edge die, embossed with Diamonds in the Rough Cuttlebug embossing folder, and inked with wild honey and vintage photo distress inks. Next to it, a strip from one of Tim's Lost and Found papers.
Other embellishments: two tiny bottles wrapped together with wire and decorated with a resistor, attached with sticky tape. A key given a rust treatment with distress ink and distress embossing powder, and another key from my stash.
The leaves are cut from Tim's Regal Crest die....I just cut them apart into different lengths.
Under the four fragments on the bottom are elements from Lost and Found again, except for the largest fragment, which covers the eye from Tim's Oddities stamp set.
Finished it off with a corner in the upper left hand......well, corner!
Oh, and I attached a bit of chain underneath the large label. I thought I'd have a charm dangling from it, but I think I'm going to just leave it as is.
My Frida Kahlo journal group got off to an on-time start, and the first one I received was Elena's. I have a month to complete her pages and send it on, but as sometimes happens, I had an idea, and ran with it. I've found when I don't do that, I usually just lose the whole thing.
I was thinking about the haphazard way we sometimes save the little bits and pieces that we call memorabilia. Some are stuck into a picture frame or around the edges of a mirror. Some are in a box, maybe a vintage cigar box, and we open it up, we see a collage of photos, ticket stubs, dried flowers, postcards, documents. I wanted the pages I did for Elena to have that look. Here is my two page spread:
And each page separately: