Tim covered the plastic tag with several alcohol inks in the red family. I used blues. He used the Christmas reflections stamp from the seasonal set. I only have the original reflections, so I opted for the script stamp, and used it on an angle in the center, leaving room to stamp the snowflakes above and below the script. This is what the tag looks like mounted on glossy white cardstock, after doing the technique:
I think you can see the script, and the snowflakes really show up. I had lots of trouble the first time I attempted this technique a year or so ago, but it went well this morning. Here's a closer look:
For the focal image, Tim created a beautiful and very dimensional wreath using the foliage from his Regal Crest die. Of course I wanted to do something different, and besides, I didn't think the wreath would work as well with my background. I had that pack of seasonal grungeboard on my table, and decided to use the elegant reindeer instead. It was painted with a pearl paint dabber, and I did cut some leaves from the Royal Crest die to give him a blinged out scarf. And here is the finished tag:
I have to say that I'm very happy with my version, because while it doesn't look a bit like Tim's, it does incorporate the wonderful techniques he featured. This might be my favorite so far.....probably until tomorrow, that is.