Monday, December 5, 2011

The 12 Tags of Christmas -- Day 5

When I clicked on Tim's blog early this morning, my first reaction upon seeing today's tag was an actual, audible "wow!"  It is very graphic and modern looking, and really makes a statement.  I'm sure you've seen it already, but if by chance you stumbled upon this blog first, do go and look at it now.  Plus, there's a great video in which Tim explains all the cool ways to use his reflections stamps (you know, the ones that are backwards and probably had you scratching your head the first time you saw them).  Yep, today's tag features those stamps, alcohol inks, glossy cardstock, and a tag cut from thick plastic.  Are you ready? 

Tim covered the plastic tag with several alcohol inks in the red family.  I used blues.  He used the Christmas reflections stamp from the seasonal set.  I only have the original reflections, so I opted for the script stamp, and used it on an angle in the center, leaving room to stamp the snowflakes above and below the script.  This is what the tag looks like mounted on glossy white cardstock, after doing the technique:


I think you can see the script, and the snowflakes really show up.  I had lots of trouble the first time I attempted this technique a year or so ago, but it went well this morning.  Here's a closer look:


For the focal image, Tim created a beautiful and very dimensional wreath using the foliage from his Regal Crest die.  Of course I wanted to do something different, and besides, I didn't think the wreath would work as well with my background.  I had that pack of seasonal grungeboard on my table, and decided to use the elegant reindeer instead.   It was painted with a pearl paint dabber, and I did cut some leaves from the Royal Crest die to give him a blinged out scarf.  And here is the finished tag:





I have to say that I'm very happy with my version, because while it doesn't look a bit like Tim's, it does incorporate the wonderful techniques he featured.  This might be my favorite so far.....probably until tomorrow, that is.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your take on today's tag! Gorgeous job with the inks and yes, I can see the words in there. Love it!

NancyBurke said...

beautiful tag! Love your version.

Kathy Eddy said...

just gorgeous Eileen! I haven't seen tim's yet but love yours.

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful how you did it!

Helen said...

It looks great. I am at work so can't play yet, but don't know what I'll do as I don't have ANY of the reflections stamps, so more improvising!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the marbled affect!!! What a very pretty and warm tag!!!

Bearcrazyman said...

Fits.... Thats an understatement. LOL
I cant wait to try again. Yeah right.
Yours however turned out beautiful.

Unknown said...

beautiful job! Can't wait to try this technique out.

Tami Putvin said...

Perfectly Beautiful, Just like everything you make lol

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous tag! Love the colors and stamps you used!

Tammy D said...

LOVE THIS BACKGROUND!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this marbled look. Your tag is awesome.

Nancy Lynn said...

I love it. It is beautiful.

Debby said...

Love what you did with Tim's techniques! I really love the blue tones.

Patzee said...

Kudos for this frosty masterpiece. Your interpretation of Tim's design is very you! Well done!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love the colors you used of alcohol ink, and the reindeer is a plus!

Theresa Bennett said...

I love your style! I keep coming back to your tags. It's very graceful and a beautiful card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love your blue version! I can only hope mine turns out as well! LOL

Elena said...

Eileen!!! You were posting this fabulous tag at 5:08 AM!!! Do you sleep????? Wow!!! I think this one is my favorite so far too!! Great job!

LaStamper said...

I always love to see how you take Tim's tag and "make it your own." This is a great example of just how innovative you are! WTG

Bonnie McLain said...

Very elegant in style... love it...
The colors are magical... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Cathy said...

I just love the colors you used on this tag. Go blue....

Unknown said...

You are so very talented, I love ALL your tags!

Shelann said...

Love all of the detail in your background, and the Stag is a beauty.