Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Documented Life -- Mononchromania

Well, hello there. Long time, no post. I've been busy (all good), and one week of that busy-ness was the wonderful time I spent in the Florida Keys with my art sisters. I'm almost ready to start blogging about that, but in the mean time, here is my week 14 page for The Documented Life Project. The prompt: do a page that is monochromatic. Maybe it was that Florida sun, but I was immediately drawn to a very bright, tropical color.....orangey-reddish-pinkish. Maybe not technically monochromatic, but close enough for me.

I started with some gelli plate prints on deli wrap paper.



And then tore them randomly into strips of all sizes.


The strips were glued down, overlapping, and then the sun and skyline were added. When completely dry, some machine stitching finished it off.



Makes me wish I could be back in Florida, cocktail in hand, watching a beautiful Key Largo sunset.



6 comments:

Barbiedoll said...

Soooo FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing how you did the PROCESS :)
Barbie, Hollywood Florida

Barbiedoll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Young said...

I love this Eileen! Great colors and use of Gelli papers and stitching!
Almost makes me want to get home to use my seeing machine!

Patzee said...

Deli paper? I thought it was fabric. What a fantastic page!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Just gorgeous! Glad you had a good time, welcome back. xoxo

Elena said...

It LOOKS like a Key Largo sunset! Beautiful Eileen!! I am going to have to dig up my gelli plate!