Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Keys4Art2015 (Better Late Than Never, Part 2)

In addition to going on excursions, eating great meals both in and out, enjoying the occasional (hah!) cocktail, and just relaxing by the water, we also made art.

Inspired by a class we took not long ago, Pat and I (well, really mainly Pat) showed our peeps how to make the freestyle peyote stitch bracelets we became addicted to creating.

Look at the stuff Pat brought! (And this isn't even all of it).


I think everyone enjoyed this project, and almost everyone finished. Here are a few, both completed and WIPs.



Pat is a very attentive teacher.


While we're on the subject of bracelets, Pat gifted everyone with a very cool bangle. And then she surprised us with the news that she was going to show us how to make our own. Here is my arm, festooned with bracelets. From left to right: bangle I made, bracelet Daisy made, bracelet Teri gave me, bracelet I wore from home, bangle I made, and bangle Pat made for me. 


Would you believe that these bangles started out as a plastic zip tie? Well they did, wrapped with strips of fabric (or ribbon.....sari ribbon worked the best, IMO), then wrapped with wire with beads inserted at intervals. Very cool.



Pat and I also collaborated on another project, this one totally inspired by Michelle Ward. We showed everyone the beauty and versatility of good old corrugated cardboard.












Speaking of cardboard, Sue brought a bunch of it also, and we did a few wonderful projects with it. 





More to come. Stay tuned.



5 comments:

Patzee said...

I love that portrait of Jacquie made out of cardboard. It's amazing that without arranging it, several projects used beads and cardboard. Yikes! We've been tuning in and out of the same wavelength.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh wow, love everybody's bracelets, bangles and corrugated art! This keeps getting better and better! lol

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

How fun!!! LOVE all the makes and happy faces!

Lori said...

Looks like an absolutely fantastic time! Those bracelets are so cool, as are the cardboard projects. Zip ties and cardboard...who knew? LOL

Jacquie V said...

I am trapped between loving where I am right now and wanting to return to keys 4 art 2015. You have a gift for making it all come
Back so vividly. Thanknyouneileen for being our historian