Sunday, August 24, 2008

An Amazing Crafting Day












Today was one of those days that makes me so very thankful that I'm a New Yorker! I visited Bowne & Co., Stationer and Printer in the South Street Seaport. Robert, the printer runs free make-n-takes every Sunday from 11-5, and I was there with several of my crafting buddies. This is a wonderful little shop and Robert and his assistant Fe La are two of the most warm and generous people I've ever met. We made fabulous little accordian-fold albums, and Robert just kept giving us vintage papers, postcards, old wallpaper, and we had the use of all his crafting supplies. The shop itself is a wonder, full of the most beautiful artifacts, not to mention gorgeous stationery and vintage postcards, tags, and collage packs for sale. And although it is a part of the South Street Seaport Museum, Bowne & Co. is also a working print shop, using old-school letter press machinery. I will never forget this day, and plan to go back many many times in the future.


1 comment:

Heidi Bound said...

Eileen,
This day was truly inspirational. I left today with a true sense of the community we have become. Thank you for being such an important part of my life. Hugs!