Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010


I don't like resolutions, but I do like setting goals.  Maybe it is just semantics, but as soon as I resolve to do something, I begin the process of derailing myself.  But setting goals is like making a to-do list, and I am an obsessive list maker.  What did I wish to achieve creatively in 2009?  For one thing, I wanted to see something of mine published in a national magazine.  With the Somerset Studios Winter Gallery issue, this goal was realized.  Yea me!   I wanted to post here more regularly, and I think I've been pretty good about that.  I wanted to take a class with Tim Holtz, and went on a whole cruise, taking classes with him and Wendy Vecchi.  Not bad!

For 2010:
  • more published work
  • de-stash - send unwanted stuff to new homes and be more discriminating in my buying
  • say no when necessary - I really don't have to join every swap, challenge, mingle, etc. out there
  • bind those unbound books, finish those half done scrapbook pages; complete all projects.  No more unfinished symphonies!
What are your artistic goals?  What can you do to help yourself achieve them?  Something to think about.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I set basically the same goals!! To use up my stash before I keep adding more... we'll see how that goes...Hmm, I'm sure you'll be published in something else this coming year..no worries there. I just want to create more, that's another of my goals. To make more time to create. Hopefully not too unrealistic. Just have to learn to let go of cooking and keeping a perfect house, lol, like that ever happened anyways. Well, maybe we can be accountable to one another in the upcoming year, then report on how well we did in October while we're on the Atlantic, eh?

Unknown said...

Great goals, and congrats on all your 2009 accomplishments! Happy New Year girlfriend!

2amscrapper said...

Definitely thinking alike! Happy New Year