Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pennant Swap Complete!

Yes, I've been a little obsessed with these pennants, and obsession has led to completion!  All ten done, and I'm pleased with them all.  You can click on any picture for a closer view.  Many techniques in these pennants....it's all about the details.

The "Dream" pennant is mostly dark browns with a few aqua touches:

"Wander" is all about purple:

"Believe" is black and white and silver:

"Inspire" is a favorite combo, pink and green:

And last, "Enjoy" is another all in green:

To summarize the techniques used on these and the previously posted five:  

  • all backgrounds are sheet music paper, swiped with color, stamped with various stamps, covered with versamark and clear embossing powder, then heat embossed.  A distress tool scratched the surface in a few spots, and darker ink was rubbed into the scratches.
  • all the letters are grungeboard, inked then sprayed with a mixture of water, rusty hinge distress reinker, and sunflower sparkle perfect pearls.  Some of the letters (depending on the color palette of the pennant) were re-inked afterwards.
  • all of the pennants have some embossed metal in the center.  Some were double embossed, sanded, and more color added with stazon inks.
  • all of the grungeboard and chipboard embellishments were given the drunken scotch treatment.  
This was a lot of fun for me, and I really like the idea of sticking with one basic design and using the same materials on each pennant, but making them unique by varying the colors, words, and embellishments.




19 comments:

Sarah said...

Bet you're glad to have these done! The "Dream" is my favorite as I am partial to the brown palette. Super job, Eileen!!

Elaine Akers said...

Wow,all of your pendants are so beautiful. Rich in color and embellishments. How long are they?
Wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Eileen your obsession has created some AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS pieces!!!! Beautiful job ma'am!!!

Nancy Lynn said...

These are really great Eileen. Everyone will love them and hang them proudly.

Angie Hall Haviland said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL...Love them all, Eileen!

Tammy D said...

Wow those are awesome. Really beautiful.

Linda M. Cain said...

What treasures! Love them!

Diann said...

Wonderful works of ART..what a super swap some ladies will receive! Diann

Elaine A said...

Hi Eileen -

I see you've possessed by the Pennant Fairy - LOL! They really came out gorgeous. I can't pick a favorite because I love them all. You were truly inspired Eileen!

Elaine Allen

inge said...

hello Eileen,

great pennants and great from you to make them all a unique piece !

I used some of your ideas this weekend : I scratched in clear embossing powder and distressed it and I did the drunken scotch technique !
It's nice to see creative things on other peoples blogs and then be inspired myself !
thanks for sharing :)

greetings from belgium
Inge

Lori said...

These turned out fantastic! Just fabulous work, not that I expected less... Love how you used the same elements but changed it up with different colors and so forth. Just spectacular!

Bearcrazyman said...

AMAZING.....
Makes me want to play...

Friends
Stephen

Jennifer R.D. said...

Eileen,
You pendants are totally grungy heaven!
Is it too late to get in on this swap LOL?
Hugs,
Jen

Sherry Goodloe said...

Oh Eileen! I clicked on each one of the pennants to get a closer look and WOW, theses are just fab-u-lous girlfriend!

Ok, so it's official now. We BOTH have OCD! I'll have to tell Lezlei I'm not the only one. LOL

Barbara Mason said...

Do you think I can bribe Gloria to get one of your pennants???? Simply too mahvelous....Too fun....

Sandi M said...

Eileen, they're wonderful! Wonder if one will end up at my house :)

Art By Wanda said...

Eileen, love all the pennants you've made!!! Awesome!!!

Linda said...

They're aboslutely georgeous Eileen! Rich colors and great words. I'll bet they look fabulous together!

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Soooo much work ... where do you find the time?