My piece is not a tag, but instead, a little sign to be hung on a doorknob.
The raised letters were created by gluing some chipboard letters onto the substrate (in this case, one of Wendy Vecchi's art parts).
The letters were covered with the metal tape, which was then gently pressed into and around them.
After that step I pretty much followed the directions on Tim's blog.
In addition to the items Tim suggested for creating texture, I used some tools from Ten Seconds Studio (little wheels with different patterns). Here are some close ups.
The alcohol inks used are: pitch black, espresso, and stream.
It may not show up too well in the photo, but as a little extra embellishment I added another one of Wendy's art part, a small hand. It's covered with Ranger's black enamel accents and I dangled a small heart from the thumb.
You'll have to take my word for it that in person the hand shows up much better. That poor thing went through a lot before I decided on the glossy black finish. It was white, it was silver, it was teal. I hated all of them. I like the black.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone