Friday, March 6, 2015

DLP 2015 -- Week 9 -- Gimme 5!

The Documented Life Project
February Theme: Layers You Will Love
Week 9 Art Challenge: Use at least 5 layers
Week 9 Prompt: Give Me High Five

I started with this mess of a collage -- random torn and cut scraps from various gelli prints.


I'm thinking this probably counts as five layers already, since each and every scrap had several layers, and the scraps overlapped. But no worries, I added plenty more. Stencils, sprays, embossing paste, crackle paste, ink, paint, and even a few rub-ons for good measure. This piece is all about the texture.






My nod to the prompt was a scattering of 5s and a few hands (hands, high fivc, get it?). Truth be told, layering is something that happens in everything I do, so I'm looking forward to the new theme for March. March? Is it really March? There's half a foot of fresh snow on the ground. March. Seriously.

1 comment:

Patzee said...

High 5 for an intriguing journal page. I love the lost & found aspect of spying special elements. Thanks for the step outs. Your layering is fabulous.