Monday, May 16, 2011

Not Your Usual Inspiration Sketch!

My friend Heidi has put together a monthly sketch challenge and asked me to be part of her design team.  What makes this different from your typical inspiration sketch is that it comes from her adorable musician husband (not an artist).  Here is the first Marty's Masterpiece:


When I first looked at this sketch all I really focused on was the sun, so this is what I came up with:



This is a notecard, and everything on it (except for the Prima bling in the center) came from my scrap pile.  It's all attached to the base with some simple and very wonky machine stitching, and I sent it out as a birthday card.

We only had to do one project, but this one was so fast and easy I decided to do another.  This time I interpreted the sketch much more literally and did this.  Again, all from the scrap pile, and all paper piecing.



Please visit Heidi's blog to see what she and the rest of the DT did.....all different, all from the same unconventional sketch.


7 comments:

Nancy Lynn said...

Very nice paper piecings pieces Eileen. Especially love the second piece.

Tammy D said...

Those are great. I love the chair!

Vic said...

Both of them are so great!

Paula said...

What a great idea! Both are very nice!

Anonymous said...

Loved you interpretation Eileen, great colours too. Julia

Anonymous said...

These are GREAT Eileen and I did indeed hop over to Heidi's blog and checked out the others!!!! FUN FUN FUN!!!

Lori said...

Both are fantastic, just love this idea!