First the piece was colored with alcohol inks, then the chinese "love" was stamped with archival ink. The dragonfly was stamped with clear ink and embossed with a bright green powder (Zing's leaf). On the right, a blue mix of micro beads was adhered with multi medium. For the danglie....I wrapped some colored wire tightly around the piece (I say this casually as though it just took seconds to do. NOT! It took some effort and more coordination than I normally possess, but finally succeeded), and then attached the beads, doing some twisting and curling of the wire. Here's a closer look:
This is the back. I don't know what game this piece is associated with, but it's roughly the size of a domino, just a little wider and shorter.
I later did a quick collage on a large sheet of paper and decided to cut it up and make some tags.
After a gorgeous sunny Saturday, the rains returned yesterday, and I took this as a sign that I should stay indoors and create something just for me. Not for a swap or a challenge or a gift. So I pulled out the red rosin paper, the gesso, the odds and ends of collage art, and worked on it, on and off, all day. Note to Self: buy more stencils IMMEDIATELY!
It's a medium sized piece, a little under 12x18" and I made it using all the layering/texturing/stenciling techniques we learned from Lynne.