Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Another Ancestor Shows Her Face (and a few other things......)

The Vintage Ancestors round robin is coming to an end.  Sox just sent my book to Elena, and then it comes home to me.  I just finished pages for Teri's book; I'll hand it off to Pat and then it will end its journey and return to Teri.  She has a sewing theme, and started things off with Mezzo Couture, a fashion house of great prominence.  Pages full of lush fabrics and beautiful papers followed, each showing fashions from the Mezzo salon, modeled by various friends, relatives, and clients.  Sue had brought up Aunt Rose, and I thought if Aunt Rose is living in Paris, and if she had a daughter, something interesting could have happened.



Hidden behind the ribbon is the story. 


 
 
Yep, one of Teri's ancestors danced with the Folies Bergere!
 
 
 
You just never know what might happen when you leave your family tree in the hands of your friends.  LOL!  I will miss working in these journals.  Although we all agree that some of our genuine ancestors are even stranger than the ones we invented, this has been such great fun.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Eileen, I absolutely ADORE these pages! I love how you adorned my darling relative's costume, as well as the beading underneath -- and the clever way you embellished her story page. I actually do have an aunt rose, but perhaps not as colorful as the one in my ancestor book might be. (As far as I know...) Thank you so much!!

Purrplekatt said...

Beautiful! All you ladies are so talented!

Patzee said...

Ooh la la! C'est magnifique!

Kim said...

lovely!!! This is such a fantastic idea!

Dorothy said...

Gorgeous pages Eileen!!

Lori said...

This is fantastic! Love the color scheme, very well done!