I went to the bag that holds all my gelli plate prints and started cutting triangles. I then used matte medium to adhere them to a page I had previously painted with a wash of turquoise. The triangles were overlapped, and in the spaces where there were none, I drew some in with pens. I created some triangular stencils by masking half of diamond shaped stencils with painter's tape, and stenciled some areas with black paint. I also outlined some of the triangles with black fluid acrylic.
I added some triangles of fabric, decorative napkins, and textured grungeboard. Then some doodling with glaze and souffle pens, and finally, a trip to the sewing machine.
Some of the triangles are lifted up with dimensional adhesive dots. That, along with the stitching, adds some texture and interest without adding a lot of bulk to a journal that is already getting very very big.
While I had the machine opened, I worked on a little top secret project. I'm "auditioning" ideas for an upcoming swap, so I did a little hand-felted heart, which is embellished with some fibers, held in place with machine stitching.
BTW, the heart is actually about half the size of the photo. Don't know if I'll wind up using this technique in the swap, but I do like the way it looks.