Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring Cards Class




Yesterday I held one of my card classes for some of the wonderful and talented women who live in my development. I designed cards that have a fresh, spring-like look, and that could be used for many occasions. I brought along a bunch of different sentiment stamps, so the Mother's Day card became a birthday card, an anniversary card, etc.
We used a lot of the pretty Stampin' Up double sided patterned paper, as well as some great Sizzix die cuts.
I'd promised one card would be more masculine, and I really think the owl card does the trick. The SU paper with the little crowns is a nice background, and adding the crown to the owl's head continued the princely (or kingly) theme. That great stamp, by the way, is from Sideshow.
Everyone had a great time, made some outstanding cards, and they're now clammoring for a jewelry class. Hmmm...have to put something together before the hot weather arrives and everyone starts to scatter for the summer.

No comments: