Thursday, February 11, 2010

One Color Palette, Four Cards

I'm really not a pink-and-hearts-and-flowers person, but I was very inspired by the new Stampin' Up patterned paper called Sending Love.  The papers have some glitter and shimmer and the pinks and reds are enhanced with shots of brown.  I pulled out a few sheets, some different shades of brown cardstock and some punches and came up with these cards.
 
On the first one I also added some of that gorgeous shimmery paper from the "Bride" specialty paper pack. The vase was created by snipping off the point of the ornament punch.  Aren't I the clever one, LOL!  Though I used a get well stamp, this could easily be a Valentine if you're so inclined.

 
This one also uses some of the "Bride" paper, and I made the flower with some hearts from the Heart to Heart punch.  That's not string in the button....it's a super thin strip of cardstock.  Love that trick!  The card base scanned a little dark.  It is chocolate chip, not black.

I used lots of little scraps for this one.  I thought putting hearts (all three on the Heart to Heart punch) on the branches instead of flowers was kind of interesting.

This last one didn't scan very well, but I just didn't feel like getting the camera out.  Sorry!

 
This one was actually the first I did, and there isn't any brown in it.  Though I like it, looking at it is what caused me to pull in some browns.  If I were to do this one over, I'd definitely tone down all the girliness with a touch of chocolate chip.
So, I think I have gotten all the reds and pinks out of my system.  Back to grunge now, LOL!

17 comments:

Sherri Auld said...

Eileen, they are beautiful. I really love the colors. I love to bring browns in as well, it tones down all the others so nicely. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

A Valentine Feast! I love your work!

AngieHallHaviland said...

FABULOUS cards, Eileen!!

Nancy Lynn said...

Really nice All Occasion cards Eileen. I love how you put the hearts on the branches. Good job as always.

Carol's Crafts said...

They are all beautiful, Eileen. I love all the colors, especially the brown with the reds.

Connie said...

Wonderful cards, Eileen! They are all terrific, but I think my fave has to be the third one. Love those heart flowers!

Helen said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh those are ALL SO VERY PRETTY!!!! You may not like Pink.....but you know how to work it girl!!!! GREAT job!!

Lori said...

Beautiful cards! Love all those tips, too, the thin strip of cardstock thru buttons, doh! Snipping off that ornament, brilliant! I love brown and pink or red together. Yea, that's what I say, bring on the grunge!

Merry said...

Such wonderful cards and I like all the little tricks you added to the cards. Especially the thin cardstock through the button. Also like your heart flowers .... very clever.

Unknown said...

I'm with you on toning down the girlie stuff! Great cards!

Tammy D said...

I love these cards. They have wonderful flow. I could look at them all day.

jrmathers said...

I think they are all very beautiful

Patzee said...

I heartly know what to say. LOL You really worked those punches and that vase is so clever! These are great designs!

Marit said...

Love the card with the branches! Gorgeous! Have a nice weekend!

2amscrapper said...

I always learn something new here. Great idea to turn the ornament into a vase! Love how different the 4 cards are, using the same colors. And I love the heart flowers.

Julie Ann said...

Such wonderful cards, Eileen!! I'm loving that brown paper with the tiny flowers on it! :)