The focal points and main technique on today's tag are the charms. Tim used his facets to create them. I looked for mine.....no where in sight. I looked again. And again. I finally decided to create mine with fragment charms, but still felt certain I'd bought at least one package of facets. Could I possibly have neglected to do so?
The first technique involves alcohol inks and archival ink and a disappearing trick. You'll just have to visit Tim's blog to get those details. I used that one on the round red charm. The pine needles appear green against the red alcohol ink because the fragment is glued to green paper.
The snowflakes on the blue oval charm were also done with that technique, though the flakes don't show up as clearly as I'd like.
Tim also showed us how to create a sparkly charm by applying silver stickles to a facet as a sort of frame, filling in the rest with glossy accents, then pressing it into a stamped image. My snowman charm was done that way. As was the large square charm on the Wendy tag. You can't see it, but I did use a Wendy stamp on that one, but there just wasn't enough contrast between the paper and the ink for it to show up. I fixed that problem with the addition of some rub-ons. Not exactly Tim's method, but I thought it was a good save.
I did a hybrid of the sparkly technique and the glue-the-facet-to-an-image technique on the smaller charm on the Wendy tag. Before applying the fragment to the image (from Tim's seasonal paper stack), I added the silver stickles.
Just so you know, I'm still having issues with Blogger. Or, it may be my computer. I don't know enough to know which. But, that is the reason I didn't provide links to Tim's or Wendy's blogs......I wasn't allowed to!
Oh, and one more thing.......after I finished and was putting things away, I found my facets. Yep. There they were. Right in front of me. Sigh.....a mind is a terrible thing to lose.