I pushed a few things to the side (and most landed on the floor), and made myself enough room to work on CCC # 25, which is scribble stain distress.
Yes, sadly this is the cleaned up version. But there was a tiny bit of usable space on the table.
I'm still in tag mode, so I pulled one out and opened Tim's book to see what this technique is all about. And it turned out to be one I've never used. That really helped me get into a creative zone, so I did my best to ignore my sneezing and sniffling, and came up with this:
I actually used the technique twice: on the background of the tag itself, and also on the paper (plain copy paper) I used to make the rosette.
The fleur de lis in the center of the rosette was pewter colored metal which I altered with Tim's chipped enamel technique (except instead of using distress embossing powder I used one of my favorites....verdigris from Ranger's Antiquities line). The folded "ribbon" under the rosette is tissue tape over scrap cardstock to give it more heft.
The baubles attached to the top of the tag are all handmade from beads found in my donated stash. (That would be the big box of costume jewelry given to me by friends, family, and neighbors who may not understand what I do, but are happy to help out.)
Now, if only I can muster up the needed ambition to bake the cookies I always bring to my friends for Christmas dinner........