And here is my first page with Jen's sunflower border on the left, which I clearly needed to incorporate into my pages:
After literally searching for hours for an image I wanted to use, I discovered I had an old Sizzix sunflower die hidden away. Who knew? I used that for the focal image on the first page, but added lots of texture.
The background paper started off as some very pretty Graphic 45 paper, though I doubt it is recognizable after all the stenciling and embossing I did over it.
Here is the second page close up. The beautiful statue head is also from Graphic 45, and I just glitzed her up a little, giving her a sunflower headpiece and a little shading. Of course, it is really a daisy headpiece, but I'm calling it sunflowers.
Lori didn't give us a theme to work with, just a general color scheme of red, yellow and green. The pages that preceded mine featured a witch (evolved from pages with fairies), so I continued the flying theme with butterflies.
I started with patterned paper (old, from my stash, and I think from Stampin' Up) that already had butterflies on it. I added stenciled, masked, and stamped butterlies, including one done with modeling paste. Then I added some that I stamped on patterned paper,embossed to give them some texture, then cut out, and attached with some machine stitching, so their wings can flutter. The off the edge border is made up of three butterflies cut with a ProvoCraft die, using some previously inked and embosed paper that I've had lying around for ages. The right colors for this project.
Here is an angle shot of the butterfiles so you can see how they pop off the page.
And this is a closer look at the butterfly created with a stencil and modeling paste.
Looks like I'm all caught up with my journals. Guess it's time to start thinking about some holiday cards.