This is Tim's inspiration piece:
I have vellum, I have the inks, I have a music stamp. One element down, several to go. No lamp post stamp, again, not the same flourish stamp. I have hitch fasteners for the key, but can't use them (need them for an upcoming class). Oh, and where oh where did my scratch tool go? I just saw it recently, but it was MIA today. So I scratched up the background with a coarse sanding block. Not that you really see the scratches when all is said and done. Lots of changes and adaptations today. Here is what I came up with:
I had the fancy grungeboard lamp, and cut the post from some plain board, inked them up with embossing ink and applied the black embossing powder. I inked up a little piece of vellum, as long as it was there staring at me, glued it to the back of the lamp and then plopped in some antique linen distress stickles:
Although I do have the word key that Tim used, it looked too clunky on my tag (my lamp post is much smaller than the stamped version), so I used one of the old keys I had in my stash. I dabbed some copper/gold rub-n-buff on it and then some black alcohol ink. I found a little metal tag that says "sing," and gave it the same treatment and attached it to the key. While I was at it, and already had a copper/gold finger, I toned down the gold of the bells with the same rub-n-buff treatment. Instead of using the hitch fastener, I threaded the key through the ribbon with a jump ring.
I also curled the vellum differently, not because I had this great artistic vision of how it should be on my tag. But because I JUST DON'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS very well.
All in all, I'm very pleased with how I adapted the tag and think it is a cheery, musical one.