Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Merry Un-Christmas Christmas

Huh?  Let me explain.  The Everything Wendy Vecchi (EWV) yahoo group has been having a challenge.  Create some Christmas art that uses any of Wendy's non Christmas stamps.  Hence the un-Christmas Christmas greeting.  I wasn't being a grinch.
I'd like to share two little wall hangings I did.
First, look at this picture of one of Wendy's flower stamps:

I stamped it many times in shades of green, then cut the petals apart and made a tree:




It is mounted on chipboard covered with sheet music and paper which has been embossed and sanded.
For my next piece, I stamped a flourish MANY times, curled one end of each and formed a wreath.  Technically, this wasn't for the un-Christmas challenge (it was another challenge), but since I made a Christmas piece with a non Christmas stamp, I'm saying it is.

Well, in case I'm not back here in the next two days, I want to wish you all a very very happy and healthy Christmas with your family and friends.

8 comments:

Diann said...

Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas, my friend! I love both of your wall hangings made from non-Christmas stamps...great job on those! Diann

Angie Hall Haviland said...

They are all wonderful, Eileen!! I do love the curly wreath!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PRETTY!!!! LOVE what you created!!!!! Great job ma'am...I just loving coming to your blog to see what you've created!!!

Carol's Crafts said...

Beautiful pieces, Eileen. You did a fantastic job. Merry Christmas, my friend.

Pat Tillery said...

Wow! The tree is amazing. I don't know how you looked at that stamp and saw a tree. And forget about that wreath made from the flourish stamp! What kind of mind creates these amazing 3-D items from a stamped image? The mind of a genius. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

Those were just fab pieces, by the way. Very creative! She's a brilliant one, isn't she??? Have a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, whichever you prefer, lol!!!

Heidi Bound said...

Eileen,
I MUST see these in person! Please bring them when you come to my class on Monday night. They are STUNNING!

Art By Wanda said...

Eileen, these are both awesome!!!!