Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tagathon, and more

I've been in a tag making mood this week.  Normally, when it comes to challenges I like to try to qualify for as many as possible with one piece, but for some reason, this week was different.

Tim's June tag for The 12 Tags of 2012 featured the technique of tinting photos with distress markers.  You can see his tag HERE.  My take is oddly romantic and feminine, a departure from my usual style.  Hey, I sit down and something inside me tells me what colors to grab and I take it from there.  My motto (well, one of many) is don't argue with the muse.  The muse doesn't like that and will retaliate by leaving you. 


The image I chose to tint is one I found ages ago on the internet.  The stamps are from a set by Darcie's that I've had for a while and never used. 







Over at the Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group, the current challenge is based on the piece on page 28 of Wendy's third book.  The deal is, create something that contains three circles and two hearts (and of course, at least one of Wendy's stamps).  I hope Lori meant AT LEAST three circles and not JUST three circles because I went a little circle happy.



The large circles in the background were done with a Crafter's Workshop stencil and a Dylusions spray, but everything else is a Wendy stamp.  In addition to the stamping, I punched several holes in the tag and then backed the tag with green paper.  Some of the circles were outlined with a black glaze pen, and some were also filled with glossy accents.  The hearts were accented with a white gel pen.



My third tag of the week is for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, and the theme is texture. 




The tag itself has texture from a Cuttlebug embossing folder called clockworks.  Some antique linen distress crackle paint was applied kind of randomly on the right side and bottom of the tag for another kind of texture.  The gears were cut with Tim's steampunk on the edge die from a scrap of black cardstock that already had some embossing on it.....more texture.  The wire strung with tiny springs and fastened with the little staples in the tiny attacher is yet another layer of texture.  The small tag on the top (actually part of the packaging from grungeboard sets) has a suede feel to it, so more texture.  And last of all, the man (a Wendy stamp) was highlighted with both white and black glaze pens for even more.



That's it for the tags.  Remember my beaded cuff bracelet?  Sure you do.  If not, here it is again.



The other thing I was busy with this week was figuring out how to make a pair of beaded cabachon earrings.  I didn't have any pattern or directions to follow, and really winged it on the edging, but all in all, I think they're wearable.  I had planned to add some dangly things, but ran out of steam.  Well, I CAN go back and do that someday.



I just realized that I have no tag for the current Compendium of Curiosities 2 challenge.  Now, how did I miss that????  

15 comments:

Tammy D said...

Oh my goodness you have gotten so much done. The tags are great!

Candy C said...

Eileen....you have been a busy bee!! Lots of beautiful work going on at your house! :) Your Tim tag is awesome! I love it. Love your circle tag, too. Great colors and design. Your Simon Says Stamp and Show tag is also perfect for the theme...lots of texture! It looks great! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show and sharing your art with us! <3 Candy

Hetty said...

All tags are lovely and the June one of Tim especially! Looks like you have been busy!

Patzee said...

Wow! Those tags are so different from each other and yet have that special Queen Eileen touch. Sometimes it's fun to break loose and get rid of limitations. Great work on your earrings, too! Looks like someone is aiming to be the Bead Queen, too!

Scrappin' Stacy said...

All of your tags are fabulous and so different. I am partial to the Tim June tag - but they are all just wonderful.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Look at you...three tags in one post...you've been busy! I love them all! The first one is so soft and sultry with that purple and image. Love Wendy's circles...great take. And the repurposed packaging has me perplexed. How'd you color it?

Elena said...

Wow Eileen!!! Can you tell me what vitamins you are taking???? GEEZ!!!! AND you sent me 7 completed journals this week! Your muse is not only active - she has ADHD!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a lot of eye candy! Looks like you've been having a great creative time. Love seeing all these goodies.

Gloria said...

Your photo tinting is really lovely. Your Muse and I like the same colors! :o) Thank you for sharing.

Lori said...

Wowzers, you have been busy! These are just wonderful pieces of art, and yes..more than three circles was perfectly acceptable! LOL! Great idea, I love how people have been using Wendy's stamps with others for a unique piece.

Vic said...

Wow, all your tags are fabulous! And the earrings are wonderful.

Helen said...

Wonderful tags, all of them!

Winnie said...

Love your tags. That first one is just precious. I love your bracelet and earrings too. I can't image how much time they must have taken you..Enjoy wearing them...wow!

teri said...

I love how you spend your free time. Love those tags!

Dorothy said...

Awesome art Eileen!!!