When I sat down at my work space Saturday afternoon my intention was to work on one of the three asian themed collaborative journals I had in my to-do pile (along with other stuff). Saturday rolled into Sunday into Monday, and I had finished all three, plus one Artistic Evolution journal as well. When the muse is so willing, the body just better cooperate.
First up, the pages I did for Sox.
Golden fluid acrylics and Dylusions sprays on text for the background, then lots of stenciling and some stamping. The fish are from Wendy Vecchi's Art For Men set, and were stamped with black archival ink and colored with distress markers.
The next two pages are for Val's journal.
Some paper collage and stencils over text for the background. The female figure on the left is a stamp, colored with a variety of things, not all of which I remember. I know I used watercolors and distress markers. I also did some stenciling on top of the clothing.
The male figure on the right was cut from a Japanese catalog my pal Kyoko gave me on the last Tim cruise. I've been using it lots in these journals as it is a treasure trove of beautiful images. The little pocket sewn onto the page is actually fabric, and it was part of a gift from Naomi, another cruise pal, this one given to me on the New England Tim cruise. I love being able to incorporate things I've received from one friend in something for another friend. It just feels good.
Sue's book was created with signatures of four pages. We were only obliged to work in the center two, but if we wanted, we could do something on the first and last pages of the signature as well. Sue said she has plenty of beautiful paper to fill in the blank pages, so no worries. As I was definitely on a roll, I did all four pages. The first was a no brainer. Ever since I did this tag I knew it would find its way into someone's asian journal. All I did for the background was spray some color on a page of text, then stamp the grass with pigment ink and add some embossing powder.
This is the two page spread followed by each page individually.
The stones were created by scraping gesso through a stencil. When dry they were inked with a variety of brown, gray, and black. The seated woman is a stamp. The bamboo was done with a cuttlebug embossing folder, colored with distress inks and carefully cut out. Other stamping (the foliage) was heat embossed.
The last page in the signature was done with another embossing folder. On this one I applied broken china ink directly to the folder before running it through my machine to create the water. The koi were colored with distress markers. The piece was matted on a piece of decorative paper.
The last journal I worked in was Sue's Artistic Evolution journal. Her colors are the colors of Provence, green, amber and purple. I was thinking of fields of flowers, and did a lot of stamping, added texture by applying fiber paste through stencils, sprayed, doodled, and created some flowers with bits of canvas. The decorative edge on the right was done with Tim's tissue paper,which I first inked with dusty concord and chipped sapphire.
It's good I'm finished, because I just heard that two more asian journals are heading my way!