Monday, December 8, 2008

The 8th Tag of Christmas


Today's Tim Holtz Christmas tag has two techniques that I really love. The first uses grunge board ornaments covered with Tim's new crackle metallic paint. Over that goes alcohol inks, and the effect is like cracked glass and absolutely stunning. I have an order in for the paint, so will have to wait to try that, so instead I made ornaments from some lovely vintage PID images.

The second technique was covering the tag with images from a Christmas collage stamp, and then blending greens and reds distress ink over top. I don't own such a stamp, so I improvised; I pulled out all the holiday stamps I own and created my own collage. Tim finished his project off with some gold embossing and gold rub-ons. I changed that up too. I embossed with silver and not having any silver rub-ons, I used some silvery snowflake stickers instead. I liked the way it turned out, and instead of a tag, I fastened it to a card base.

Can't wait for Day 9!

2 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

Brilliant Eileen, I love how you adapt everything!

Elena said...

Wow! Eileen this is beautiful! I have no idea how you were able to adapt it so beautifully! I would never have thought of doing it this way!