My good friend and sister-in-art, Valerie presented me with this award and it means a lot. First, because Val is talented, generous and someone I admire greatly, and secondly, because the award is for blogs that bring a smile to your face. What is better than knowing you've made someone smile? Check out Valerie's blog, The Sum of All Crafts to see what I mean.
Now, the hard part. I am to pay this forward and name 5 bloggers to receive it next. Of course, since Val and I "travel" in many of the same circles, and know the same people, she went ahead and named bloggers I'd have loved to send this to. So hard. I want to pass it on to great people, and I also want to spread the word about some blogs you may have missed.
Well, here goes......
Altered By Me....Arlene is one of my Paper Imagery Designs design teammates, and her lovely work and unique approach always brings a smile to my face.
Diann's Art Spot.....Diann's blog is as beautiful and elegant as she is, and her work is fabulous. She was recently on an art retreat doing a book with a gypsy theme. You'll smile at her pages for sure!
scrappassion.....I met Helena on the cruise and started following her blog to see her cruise pictures. Now I follow simply because it is a great and beautiful blog.
Stamp With Stephanie...Stephanie is another great lady I met on the cruise. One of my tablemates, in fact. Steph is talented for sure, but also one of the most open, honest and FUNNY women I've ever met. All that comes out in her blog and I know you'll enjoy it as well.
Tabby's Place....Kim is one of the first people I met when I entered the world of yahoo groups. I've swapped many pieces with her over the years and love her work. Her blog is as inspiring and entertaining as she is.
Now for the last part of this award, I'm to list 5 things you may not know about me. Yikes! You know I try to keep this blog about art, so getting too personal is not my thing here, but I'll give it a try:
1. Next month I turn 62 (how the hell did that happen?) and I've applied for Social Security. Enough said.
2. My first full time job after college was an editorial assistant for a food industry trade magazine. In addition to clerical work I sometimes got to write......blurbs about ketchup dispensers and spatulas.
3. I JUST joined Facebook and am still trying to figure it out. Why do people keep wanting to send me fish and flowers and hearts?
4. If you know me, this is no little known fact. It is my claim to fame, so I'm using it again for those few who may not know.....I was at Woodstock in the summer of '69. Yes I was.
5. I enjoy fishing. Really. Even putting bait on a hook doesn't creep me out. Haven't gone in years. Once had a fisherman bf. But would go again. Anyone have a boat?