Thursday, October 22, 2009

artful voyage -- first sea day

Monday, October 12  First Day At Sea -- Two Classes!

As usual, I was up early and eating breakfast on Deck 11 before anyone else I knew.  A little after 8 I went to see the market place where Tim and Wendy would be selling goodies.  OMG!!  Well, more on that later.

We were divided into four groups for planning purposes; I'm group C.  My first class is from 9-10:30 with Wendy.
I brought along my tote bag, and wore my name badge.  Cool logo!

(And yes, I did eventually get Tim, Wendy, and Mario to sign the bag.  Kinda groupy, but couldn't resist!)

Wendy gave us work aprons she'd stamped, some grungepaper stamped with her beautiful flowers, and we received our class kits, which we'd bring to each class:


Ink pads, paint dabber, stickles, crackle paint, glossy accents, perfect pearls, multi medium, gel pen.
We inked our flowers, put them together with pin backs and added them to the apron.  I love it!

                                                    
Wendy in her apron


My apron -- I also added some pins I'd made at home and brought along.



Some of my flowers close up


Here I am wearing mine


Wendy watches the class with Rick, her husband and class assistant.

After lunch (when not making art, we EAT!), I had my first class with Tim, from 2-3:30.  We did the most gorgeous travel journals.  The covers had maps of Mexico printed on canvas, and we were given papers, stamps, tags, brown paper bags, ribbon, idea-ology hardware, stickers, letters, rub-ons, prima flowers, a tape runner and refills, grungeboard iconic shapes,  plus the use of inks, blending tools, and the Binderie machine to put it all together.  Tim just wanted us to get the basics done in class, then we'd have the whole week to work on it during studio time.  Awesome project, and here are some of my pages:
























I am really enjoying reliving the cruise through these blog posts, and hope you're getting a sense of just how full and rich an experience it was for me.  More to come.....

10 comments:

Lee said...

green with jealousy!
lee
What an adventure!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

WHAT FUN---I sure am enjoying your adventure!!

Elena said...

What an awesome time for you my friend!!! Love everything about it so far!

Anonymous said...

I am totally enjoying reliving this adventure with you.....I love all your detail......the goodies you received are amazing!!!

Patzee said...

You are a mad woman let loose in a wonderland. What beautiful works of art you created and received! Lucky you!!

Sarah said...

I'm sure glad you are documenting this trip so I can see what you gals in Group C were up to :) (I was in group B).

My name is Cindy said...

i AM NOT JEALOUS, i AM NOT JEALOUS.......

Sounds absolutely brilliant, lovethe apron and thew journal is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more.

inge said...

Hello Eileen,

The apron is great : creative and so useable !
The journal is indeed a great reminder of the cruise : I guess I would be overwhelmed by all the stuff you get to work with !

greetings from belgium
Inge

craftyM said...

Oh Eileen, I SO love the journal! Wowie!! Way cool! And to think you just get home and pop in the photos and you've got your trip documented and scrapooked... DONE!! Love it!

ginag said...

Maybe if I drink a margarita, I can pretend to be there! So much fun the way you blog and share these tidbits, we hunger for more!!
Great photos, too!
Gina G